Monday, March 23, 2009

I Demand Spring

I am done with this...


And this...


It was kind of fun while it was here, but after a winter filled with gloomy days, frigid temps and lots of illness, I am demanding that Spring truly arrive and stick around.

Patience is not being exercised around here.

Friday was the first day of Spring and I woke up to snowflakes. Are you kidding me?

So, in an effort to usher in Spring, whether it likes it or not, we have been doing the following things.

Going to the park to slide and swing and run around.
(Even though the temps have been in the 40's)

Spring cleaning and organizing.
(Because its never too early to start.)

Grilling hamburgers.
(Because I don't do the grill so who cares if it is freezing outside. Just kidding honey!)

Putting away winter clothes.
(Well, not all of them, but most.)

Reading books about Spring, Summer and all the fun things that come with warm weather.

Taking walks and socializing with neighbors we haven't spent much time with in four months or so.

Wearing our sunglasses and "dancing" to fun music in the car.
(As if it were warm and we were doing it with the windows down and sunroof open.)

And finally...eating warm weather foods like watermelon.


Welcome Spring!

It is so nice to have you here.

Now, if you could just pass a memo along to your weather department and get things rolling in the proper direction, you would make our celebrations complete.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I hear you sister!!

Now I am off to the store to get some watermelon for our family!
Great idea!

Midwest Mom said...

Oh, I love that watermelon picture. It *looks* warm! (Does that help?)

If you want to live vicariously through us until your Spring arrives, I posted about working the garden today.

Our little patch of Earth is greening up. Yours won't be long behind, I promise you.

:) Have a great week! - Julia

Caits said...

Yahoo! Couldn't agree more!

Ingrid said...

This time of year is so hard. It has gotten a little warmer in MN (averaging around 50) so even though I should wear a coat I have been layering my clothing so I can walk out the door without one. It really is a mental thing for me but I feel so much better leaving the house without a coat. I also remind myself that in another month it will be warmer!!

tricki_nicki said...

I know, I keep wishing for it, knowing our Seattle spring is still a couple of months away! Boo.

I'm loving the pictures you've been posting. So great.