The Miss Elaine-ous Life and I thought it would be fun. You should "play" along too! Let me know if you do!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I do both, but wrapping is definitely my favorite.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. I love the smell and the look of the real thing. I will admit that this year it is neither though. We won't be here for Christmas and with a crawler that is into everything we opted for saving the money and using it on other things.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down? Within the first week after the new year.
5. Do you like eggnog? I love eggnog. I love to put it in my coffee instead of half and half. Mmmmm.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A doll that had hair that "grew", could be styled, and then "cut" or shortened with the turn of a dial on her back.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My husband.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I know which one I want I have just not found a price that I can justify. I love the Willow Tree nativity set.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Usually mail, but this year it will be email to save a little money.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A set of polka-dotted matching headbands intended for a pre-teen or younger girl and given to me when I was seventeen.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. We watch it every Christmas Eve while we are wrapping presents. My sisters and I started the tradition.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually not until after Thanksgiving unless I come across a great deal or fear that the item won't be available once everyone else starts their shopping.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Only for a white elephant party.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? There is nothing in particular because I pretty much enjoy all of the Christmas eating, but I will say especially the cookies.
16. Lights on the tree? Must..be..WHITE! It is my personal preference and though I can appreciate a beautiful tree with colored lights, my tree will always be white and no blinking.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Breathe of Heaven
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Depends on the year. This year we are traveling.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The lines to checkout just about everywhere.
23. What theme or color are you using? I haven't really decorated this year, but my usual color scheme is red and silver.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Depends where I am for Christmas but I love the ham.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Closet organizers because I get stressed out just thinking about how horrible our master bedroom closet is.
26. Do you have a favorite ornament, what? My favorite ornaments are the ones that I have received from my grandfather each year for many years. They are very special to me and because of that tradition we started one of our own where we buy the kids an ornament that is representative of something they did, liked or achieved that year. Then I paint their name and the year on the ornament. When they grow up they will have them for their first tree or I will gladly keep them and reminisce.
27. Gifts from Santa? Wrapped or Unwrapped? Both. Probably one of each. The big, difficult to wrap one will be unwrapped.