Friday, August 21, 2009

Gardening with Nana


This year was the first year my mom stopped talking about wanting to have a garden and actually (with a little help from daughters and friends) made it a reality.

While we were visiting Austin spent a lot of time in the garden with Nana.


They would go out in the morning and afternoon and check on the progress of all the vegetables, pull some weeds and pick the days bounty.

Austin loved it!


He has always been a good eater and he was finding no problem enjoying the fresh veggies right there in the garden. (A little dirt shouldn't hurt right?)

There was always a face of satisfaction and joy as he would bring the baskets full of tomatoes, green beans, peas, radishes, squash and cucumbers into the house.


It was certainly a very special time with Nana and he wanted it to be all his own. He was happy to share the vegetables, but not the garden.

It was such a joy for me to see him doing something I loved to do with my Grandpa when I was little.


He had a big, beautiful garden every year and even some berry bushes. My sisters and I would go out and do the very same things that Austin was doing with his Nana.

They are some of my fondest childhood memories and it warms my heart to know that Austin will have the benefit of the same types of memories.

Thanks Mom for planting seeds in your garden and memories in Austin's life.


** Don't forget to enter my giveaway if you haven't already! **

2 comments:

Caits said...

Love this....

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Looks like a fun time...even better that they got such a good bounty!