Thursday, February 19, 2009

An Ear on Austin

The age of three has been very interesting so far. My moments of frustration have increased exponentially with the use of the phrases "Why not?" and "How come?". Two was a sweet age compared to the challenges that three has presented.

BUT...

He makes us laugh every day. Here a few snapshots of our life lately.

*************************************************************************************

Last week Austin got a Valentine card from Grandma and Grandpa. Inside was $5. I asked him what he was going to buy with his money and he said with gusto, "Wings Mommy!"

Me: What kind of wings Austin?

Austin: Wings so I can fly high in the sky.

Me: Where can we go to buy wings?

Austin: Target Mommy. Target will have them.

(I'm not even kidding.)

*************************************************************************************
Over the last few months Austin has complained a lot about the sun being in his eyes when we are in the car. So, I finally remembered when we were at Target one day to get him some new sunglasses. He choose a blue pair with a small Spiderman on them.

He wears them all the time now.

The other day when stopped at a red light, I turned around and looked at him and said, "Those are cool shades buddy."

His response..."Yeah, I know I look fined!" (That's "fine" in Austin language.)

*************************************************************************************
He has started calling his hiney his "naked". So, the following phrases can often be heard.

"Mommy, I'm done pooping! Come wipe my naked now."

"My naked stinks. I need new underwears."

"It's time to take a bath and clean my naked."

*************************************************************************************
Tonight while I was loading the dishwasher and doing other things in the kitchen, Mia decided to decorate her face with her dinner. When I turned around I started laughing and Austin came running to see what was so comical.


As Austin and I stood there laughing at Mia, he said, "Mia you look goooorgeous!!!"

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Aren't they sweet in that age. Just wait, someday you might wish you could turn back time.

Unknown said...

I have yet to find the wings section at Target and I promise, I've been all over that place! ; ) Too cute! And he's right, Mia does look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

"Come wipe my naked..."

I'm dying. That's hilarious.

For the gooooorgeous thing...you'll have to teach him the limp hand move to go along with it. Unless your husband would object. Dad's can be sorta touchy about that sorta thing. That and calling the big boy underwear big boy panties. Learned that the hard way! :)

Unknown said...

Austin, you are hilarious!!!! I hope you keep your momma laughing!

Casey's trio said...

At least they have their too cute, funny moments to make up for all the frustration that being 3 can bring!
And Mia IS gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

cute!