Sunday, February 22, 2009

Something New


Mommy took me to get my ears pierced on Saturday. I liked looking at all the pretty things in the store and all the attention I was getting. But, when the lady started to mark my ear with that pen, I knew that I wasn't going to like what was coming next.

They tried to distract me with a cute teddy bear, but the fact that Mommy was pinning my arms down and another lady was holding my head still, confirmed that I was not going to like what was coming.

And then it happened.

Oooouuuuuch!

I cried so hard I nearly choked on my saliva and then before I could really tell what was happening they did it again.

I looked at Mommy like, "why are you letting this happen to me?" She smiled and told me that it would be okay, but I wasn't so sure she was right.

The ladies that hurt me offered me a sweet yellow thing to calm me down and Mommy actually let me have it. Within seconds I was distracted by the glorious flavor. Turns out Mommy let me have my first lollipop for suffering through getting my ears pierced.

So, tell me, was it worth it?

6 comments:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

you are such a mean momma...and such a good one too. i love the earrings! bster looked so cute in hers and jk too! neither can keep the darn things in now, but when i had control, they had them. i am seriously considering getting them for sofer's soon. the sucker will do the trick, i'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! Such a cutie.

Unknown said...

She looks DARLING in that picture! I think her earrings are beautiful!

Midwest Mom said...

Babies in earrings are always so cute. I bet she *loved* that lollipop! :)

- Julia

Kristen said...

She does look adorable!! And I am sure that she thought the earrings were worth it! LOVE IT!!

I just wonder how hard it would be to keep them clean. Not sure I am ready for that yet! :)

Leslie said...

awww yay for Mia! Love this picture. She looks so sweet.