Friday, April 17, 2009

Finally!!!

It's finally here....Spring.

Today we walked out of the house and into the bright sunshine with a bounce in our steps (except Mia who is still refusing to walk). We headed to the playground to meet some friends for a picnic. It was gorgeous, and if the kids would not have eventually melted down due to lack of napping, we would have stayed all day. The next few days are supposed to be even nicer.

We have waited a long time for this.

I was reminded, as both of my kids were enjoying their time on the swings, of the sheer joy of being at the playground as a kid.

I too loved to swing.

I vividly remember the feeling of the wind flowing through my long hair, the sun shining on my face as I would lean back to pump my legs taking me higher and higher, the way my mind would wander as I daydreamed of happy, pretty things and the wonderful feeling of "flying."

I couldn't help but smile as I watched my precious children enjoying this shared simple pleasure.


I love this time of year and all that it brings.

Renewal, blossoming, warmth, color...and swinging.

Today the park was busy and swinging was not something I had the chance to do (unless I would have fought a preschooler for one), but believe me it will happen soon.



My giveaway ends tomorrow at midnight, so don't forget to enter here.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the swings! I have passed my love of them down to Isabella who, like your little ones, could swing all. day. long :)

Love the moments you captured!

Clare said...

great, great pictures!! and i hear you on the wonderful weather. we went to the 'dogwood festival' last night, which is like a little carnival. it was so nice to be outside!!

Unknown said...

Great pics!

Wayne said...

great photos, I love the second one

thankyou for sharing

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I wish I could still swing like that... I can only swing for a short amount of time before I feel queezy and have to get off. It is fun to watch our children grow and enjoy the world around them. Happy spring swinging to your two cuties.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Great pictures!

And can you hear me singing the Hallelujah chorus over here? Because I'm totally singing it for you!

tiarastantrums said...

great photos - we have had sun for 3 days now - shhhh - don't say a word!

scrappysue said...

those shots just oooze spring! they're fabulous

carrhop said...

These pics are just absolutely charming! I particularly love the first one--it says it all!

Happy Spring!
Blessings!

Carol said...

Yay for Spring. Long may it last! I too am loving it.

Casey's trio said...

Austin's open-mouth swinging says it all! Hooray for Spring!

Unknown said...

That is so sweet about the swinging. I used to LOVE to have my Dad push me SOOOO high! These pictures are Wonderful!