Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Musings

I haven't done one of these random posts in a while, so here goes.

**First, thank you to all of you who offered encouragement, support, prayer and hugs after my last post. The last few days have been quite a bit better and I think that has a lot to do with the fact that I know that there are people praying for me and supporting me. The weather has been really sunny and nice too!

**Mia is still refusing to walk and I really want her to be mobile by Easter so she can do the egg hunt with her brother and cousins.

**We managed to get a few projects done around the house today. That always makes me feel better.

**I am looking forward to spending time this week with some teacher friends who are on Spring Break.

**I attended my cousin's bridal shower on Saturday. It was nice to see family. I took Mia with me so she could spend some time with her Gigi (great-grandma) who lives 4 hours away and hasn't seen her in months. I learned first hand why there are so many complaints online about Target's registry service. Emily received 5 crock pots because everyone that purchased gifts from Target, regardless of where they were from or what they bought, found that the items were not removed after being scanned by the cashier. It became a running joke, but I am sure it was frustrating to the people who bought the gift and now for Emily who will have to try to return all the duplicates to Target. I truly hope she doesn't have trouble returning them. I have heard that Target is really bad about registry returns and will only allow 2 per visit. What???

**I learned at the shower, that my cousin has 6 or 7 bridesmaids. Fun, but challenging for me, the photographer,who will have to fit a wedding party of approximately 16 into the pictures.

**After several days of nice weather, we are about to have several days of winter again.

**Friday is my 35th birthday and I have decided to do my first ever giveaway. So, be sure to come back.

**My brother-in-law got engaged on Friday to a long time friend of mine. I will post the whole story as soon as I can get some pictures to go along with it, but in the meantime, congratulations Ian and Leah!

**I won a great prize on Classy Mommy's blog. I won four tickets to the Thomas the Train Live show in NYC. Austin is going to love it and we are currently working out the details of who will go with us.

**I haven't gotten the kids' outfits for Easter finalized because I always wait until I have a better idea of what the weather will be like. You never know what you are going to get with Spring. So, I have a little bit of shopping to take care of this week. Shoes and tights for Mia and a maybe a sweater vest or jacket for Austin.

**We watched Slumdog Millionaire last night. What a great movie!

**I have probably bored you to tears by now, so I will end this rambling with one of Mia's cutest new "tricks". When asked, "Mia, what does a rooster say?", she responds "doodle-doo."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your randomness--such fun!

I am glad you are feeling better, sweetie. The power of prayer is amazing, isn't it?

I am sorry winter will be rearing it's unwanted head--again! Doesn't it realize we are all ready for spring?!

Congrats on the tickets to NYC!! I can't wait to read that post of your trip!

That's crazy she got 5 crock pots?! What in the world?! That must have been frustrating for everyone!

Have a great day and have fun with your friends who are off for spring break!!

Unknown said...

Random posts are the best! : ) I'm quite a fan myself (of writing them too!)

Target has the worst return policy. I don't know what their problem is. I still love to shop there though...

Congrats to your BIL and friend - that's so cool!

And yay for Thomas. We are going too - I got tickets through Mom Select. My boys are gonna love it!

Clare said...

love all of your randomness today! so true about target, i have run into major issues with them as well. and they aren't good about returns. so great that you had a good weekend, get stuff done and visit with family!

i love your tip for waiting on the easter outfit, I have bought something in advance and then it was too big, too warm, etc. so I think I have my eye on something, and will run out and get it this week sometime!

The DeBolt Family said...

I borrowed your random thoughts idea for my blog...hope you don't mind. :) Love your musings, dear!