Unbelievably, I have reached the milestone of my 100th post. As is customary, today I will
bore dazzle you with 100 tidbits about myself. I decided to break it down into 10 lists of 10 just because it was easier and more entertaining for me.
Ten Little Known Facts About ME
- I have lived in 5 states and attended 11 schools before graduating from high school (and…no..my parents weren’t in the military)
- I speak Spanish. I grew up learning both languages.
- I once jumped off a 40 foot high bridge (into the water) on a dare from some cute boys, and shattered my knee cap on a submerged rock.
- I have sung in 31 weddings.
- I was in the Miss West Virginia pageant after winning a lesser title because my mom told me I HAD to find another use for my expensive prom dress.
- I am a HUGE college football fan and the best team out there is the West Virginia Mountaineers.
- I volunteered at a child abuse shelter when I was in high school and it had a significant impact on my life.
- I hadn’t even read a blog before January of this year. I would hear my husband talk about them and so I thought they were a business tool. Boy was I wrong!
- I was president of my sorority in college.
- I have been pulled over for speeding 7 times but have never received a ticket. No…I don’t attempt to get out of it in ANY way.
Ten Things I Have Learned from Blogging
- It is a great creative outlet
- There are great people out there in the blog world
- Just when you think you are the only one dealing with a particular situation, you find a blog that proves you wrong
- Checking for comments can be addictive
- Blogging can become an obsession
- You can learn some really great tips, tricks, games, recipes, etc.
- You can become friends with people you have never really met
- It can cause you to become a walking notebook full of ideas and edits.
- It is a great way to communicate with family members
- Sometimes it would be nice if my blog was completely anonymous
Ten Things Motherhood has Taught Me (though there are many more)
- Your heart can overflow with love for more than one child
- Seeing your child sick, even with a cold, is heartbreaking
- Like it or not, sleeping in is over!
- When the time changes in the fall you DON’T gain an hour.
- Tolerance for the all things involving bodily functions increases tenfold.
- Kiddie music is VERY catchy
- The laundry in never done
- Toys and baby gear can quickly take over your house
- One of the best sounds in the world is hearing your kids laugh
- Your diaper bag should always have a change of clothes for Mommy
Ten Reasons I Would Marry My Husband Again
- He knows me better than anyone else
- He is a great daddy
- He is creatively romantic (stories to come)
looks like Chris Cuomois attractive
- He brings a lot of humor to my life
- He is a great leader and provider to our family
- He works hard but puts me and the kids first
- He is a good Christian man with a lot of integrity
- I love him with every fiber of my being
- He loves me like no one else
Ten Things I Say Daily
- “Are you stinky?”
- “You make me smile.”
- “That is not a breakfast food.”
- “Please use your fork!”
- “Mommy doesn’t need help cooking. Please go play.”
- (to myself) “Mommy needs a nap”
- “Close the refrigerator!”
- “How was your day?”
- “I love you!”
Ten Things I Would Like to Learn
- Cake decorating with fondant icing
- Blog Design
- How to cook some great exotic dishes
- How to use my camera even better
- Much more about Photoshop
- How to sew curtains
- How to get my kids to fall asleep in a stroller
- How to blog in my sleep
- How to get my husband to reduce his video game play
- How to paint murals for my kids’ rooms
Ten Things I Love to Do
- Laugh and play with my kids and husband
- Photograph my kids
- Grocery shop (preferably alone)
- Organize things
- Travel to new places
- Spend time with family and friends
Ten Things I Don’t Enjoy
- Picking up dog poop (I have enough poop in my life)
- Getting “rid” of bugs
- Clothes shopping with my kids
- Dealing with unkind people
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Scary movies or shows
- Hard rock music
- Running (though I wish I did enjoy it)
- Heartburn (I get it when I’m pregnant)
- Losing to my husband at cards
Ten Traits/Values I Want to Instill in My Kids
- True Friendship